WASN spring conference-Mark your calendar now!
April 18-20, 2018
Monona Terrace Convention Center
Together Toward Tomorrow
WASN spring conference
April 26-28, 2017
Monona Terrace and Convention Center
Presentation highlights include:
- Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg will address all attendees on fostering resilience and an optional tract of in depth learning surrounding trauma and resilience for the remainder of the day. This is a collaborative program with DPI and Wisconsin Association of School Social Workers.
- Student Information Systems learning for each Skyward, Infinite Campus, and PowerSchool for the health modules and running of reports.
- Crisis planning and putting it into action, experiences from one school district.
- Johnson & Johnson School Health Enduring Change Project Every Student, Every Day Initiative on chronic absenteeism.
- ESSA and what this means for school nurses.
- Viterbo University graduate credit project option for an additional fee.
- Exemplars to the benefits of the dual membership in WASN and NASN.
There are room blocks at three area hotels for the conference: Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, Sheraton Madison Hotel, and Best Western Premier Park Hotel (formerly Best Western Inn on the Park). Information regarding the room blocks is available here. We strongly encourage you to follow the instructions noted when making your reservation, and please contact Megan directly with any questions (email@example.com; 608-221-0383, ext. 203). We are inquiring about availability of rooms on Tuesday evening.
2017 Annual Meeting Documents
Reports of the Executive Committee and Banking Statement and Proposed Minutes from 2016
Reports of the District Directors
Follow this link to the resources from the 2016 WASN Spring Conference.
Brochure for your reference.
Wisconsin Association of School Nurses (WASN) Conference, April 22-24, 2015 at the Concourse Hotel. Valerie Hon, Conference Planning Chair, would like to thank WASN planning committee and Wisconsin Nurses Association. The 2015 Kathryn Etter Wisconsin School Nurse of the Year Award was presented to Mary Kay Logemann, Platteville School Nurse. The 2015 School Nurse Administrator of the Year Award was presented to Joan Simpson, Richmond School Nurse. Please see the award section of the website for more information.
Dr. Janice Selekman, Keynote School Nurse Friends
Wisconsin Association of School Nurse Conference, April 2014 - Thank you to 2014 WASN Spring Conference Chairperson, Rachel Gallagher and her conference planning committee! WASN recently hosted our annual conference April 11-13, 2014. The 2014 Katheryn Etter Wisconsin School Nurse of the Year Award was presented to Kerri Schmidt from Rhinelander School District. Wisconsin School Nurse Administrator of the Year was awarded to Melinda Vose, Kettle Moraine School District. Senator Luther Olson was presented with the WASN 2014 School Nursing Advocate Award. Congratulations!
For larger photos, visit the Facebook page.